Sunday, February 10, 2008

Does anyone have some extra money laying around?

It has been suggested to me by a couple of people that I should start a planning blog since there are so many people who want to know how things are going. We have a little less than a year and a half to plan this thing so I'm sure I can write some fun stuff! So here it goes!

For those who don't know, we have picked a wedding date and location. We will be getting married on June 20, 2009 at the Terrace Bay in Escanaba, MI. Yes, the UP! We were both not really sure about having it up there but decided to check out a few places to make sure we weren't missing out on anything. The Terrace was actually last on our list too! But when we saw the Hall all decked out so beautifully for a wedding that night, we both loved it right away. It overlooks the bay not far from Lake Michigan and we will be able to get married outside with that view behind us. We always said that we wanted o get married on the beach, so this place fits us perfectly.

So we have what I thought was the hard part done, but now we are working on the worst part...THE BUDGET! It is such an evil, evil word, isn't it? We are trying to get our DJ and photographer booked as soon as we can so we don't miss out on the good ones. Problem is, the ones that we really like are of course the most expensive! Then we started looking at exactly what dinner is going to cost us. We have a huge guest list and it shows in the final number. Amazing what difference 50 people make if you subtract them. We may have to look at that again. I now think the guest list is the hardest part about the wedding planning. But I'm sure next month I will come up with something else!

Okay, this wasn't a very exciting first post but unfortunately the budget doesn't get me very excited. Just depressed! So I'm going to stop here for tonight.

Here are the websites of the dj and photographer that we like:

Taylored Entertainment


Daniel Carol Photography

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What? No blog for 4 whole days? What's going on...and now I see I have to get your approval to write a comment! What the heck!!!!