Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's the first crisis!

Bill and I had a small wedding panic attack this week! First one! Woo hoo! (That was sarcasm.)

We were both excited to get an email from one of Bill's cousins telling us that they booked their room for the wedding and was told all of the bay side rooms were gone. We knew that meant many of you have booked your rooms already in anticipation of the wedding! So out of curiosity, I called the hotel to find out how many rooms have been booked.

Hotel: "Nine."
Me: "Nine? Um, no, that can't be right."
Hotel: "Yes, nine guaranteed reservations. But there are others reserved for the wedding weekend but they aren't guaranteed."
Me:"What the !@#$ are you talking about?"

Okay, I didn't say that. I wanted to, but my mom raised me well. lol

Long story short, there are 22 rooms reserved for the weekend, 9 are guaranteed. "Guaranteed" means that a credit card was given to the hotel when the reservations were made. Now, I bet you are asking yourself, why would they take the reservation but not ask for a credit card to guarantee it? You got me!

So, when we are in the UP in two weeks, we will be stopping by the hotel to get a list of everyone who has booked a room and if it is guaranteed or not. If it is not, we will give you a call! (Lucky you!) You will need to call the hotel back and give them a credit card number to hold the room. We are so sorry for the inconvenience but at least we discovered this now rather than later. Now that would have been a crisis!

No comments: