Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oh look, Joanna wrote something...

I think the closer we get to the wedding, the lazier I am at updating this thing! Sorry! Thanks to those who have recently mentioned that they actually read this thing when there is new stuff. I appreciate knowing it's not just me and Mom. (No offense Mom!)

Well, we are almost at the 9 month mark! Isn't that crazy? I can't believe time is starting to move so fast! When we first started this journey it seemed like just the Fall was going to take forever to get here.

Bill and I are a little nervous because we haven't been doing too much wedding stuff lately. We have to keep reminding ourselves that a) we have a lot of big stuff done already and b) having the ceremony, reception and hotel all at the same location saves A LOT of planning. I highly recommend it!

We were in the beautiful UP over the weekend to visit with Bill's family and so I could attend Bill's youngest sister's, Cheryl, baby shower. Cheryl will be having a baby boy in November. (If you thought I was excited waiting for Annika to get here, you should see Bill! He can't wait to have a nephew!) We had a lot of fun visiting with both sides of the family all weekend, including my first corn roast at his Aunt Beth and Uncle Dennis' camp. Best corn ever! I can't wait for my family to see where Bill is from next year. It will be a lot of fun.

While we were up there we did some wedding prep by visiting the Terrace Bay again and sitting down with the manager, Mike. This was the first time I was actually able to walk around the whole room (there were weddings going on the other times we were there) so that was nice. He explained all of our options and the rules. I think Mike was loving us by the time we left because we are so laid back about everything! He told us the wedding they were setting up for that weekend didn't want the coffee cups and saucers on the tables because they messed with the color scheme. Um, okay...

So we got our pending questions answered and learned what we needed to tell them about the reception and guests. Don't be surprised if your RSVP card comes with a questionnaire! (And fill it out!) I'm kind of half kidding....maybe. We also had a chance to check out the hotel rooms. Nothing fancy but nice and clean and if you have a view of the bay, relaxing! (Hint, hint, book now to get a view of the bay!)

As usual we left the Terrace very excited for next year. I can't wait to have both of our families and friends all in one room to celebrate us! More than anything, I can't wait to be married to my husband-to-be! I've already had to stop myself from calling him "my husband" lately. Not sure what that's about but I like it.

No comments: