Sorry, sorry, sorry. I know I said I would update some more since we did do some more planning stuff lately. Got a little side tracked again! So where was I? Oh yeah, trip to UP to go over things.
Well, we met with the DJ while we were up there. I am pleased to announce that he is great! We pretty much hired the guy "sight unseen". We liked what we saw on his website (Bill has a thing about not wanting to patronize anyone with a bad website.) and then talked to him on the phone and liked what we heard. So we drove to his house to meet with him Saturday morning. His website allows us to tell him what songs are must plays, do not play, etc. So he went over our song list and seemed pretty impressed with what we picked out. He loved our idea for the "Grand March" entrance song so much that he had to stop taking notes to recover! No, I'm not telling. Anyway, he also gave us quite a few ideas about how to personalize the night. A few were a little too sappy for us (telling our "love story" before our first dance. um, no.) but he did have a couple of good ones. The best part about it was that even though he was giving us lots of ideas, he was not pushing anything on us. This is great for two people who do not like to be told what to do! The best thing is he acts not only as the dj, but also as the event coordinator. We will work out a time line with him for the day and he will be helping to make sure everyone (the hotel, photographer, us!) stays on the schedule. His official title is WED - Wedding Entertainment Director. He actually is certified and gos to conferences regularly to learn new entertainment techniques. After talking with him for an hour, we left feeling very confident that he will make the day extra special and keep the party going on into the night!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment