Wednesday, June 25, 2008

And you thought it would never get here!

Holy moley, the wedding is less than a year away! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.

Okay, better now. You probably think I am just realizing this today, huh? No, lucky for me (and you?), I do have lots to report since my last entry. I think I'll break it up into several entires to save you from boredom. =)

We were in the UP over the weekend to actually meet the DJ face to face and also to check out what the Terrace Bay looks like without four feet of snow on the ground. I am happy to report that both went very well! We choose last weekend because of if being one year away from the wedding. We were hoping to get an idea of what the weather could be like up there for the wedding. I can only pray, wish and dream that the weather will be as nice next year as it was this weekend! It was sooo beautiful and sunny! It rained a tiny bit but not even enough to slow down a party. It was warm enough during the day and just a little cool in the evening. Do I dare say perfect? So cross your fingers that we get the same results next year!

In addition to just looking at the Terrace, we also ate dinner there. I'm happy to report the food was very good. We loved what we saw at the Terrace. Let's see what you think:


Okay, so it's not super fancy but I still like it.


Here are some photos of the views from the hotel.















The little deck is where we hope to have the ceremony.






If you have booked your room already and remembered to request "Bay Side", your room is somewhere along here! There are many reviews online that say the rooms are a little dated but nice and comfortable. I haven't read anything bad about this place.






This is the patio with the pretty fountain outside of the ballroom. Love it!



The entrance to the bar/restaurant/reception area.

The Bar, everyone's favorite place!

There was a wedding going on while we were there so I swiftly took a quick picture of the room all decked out. Looked really nice! Just like I remembered it from before. The tulle and lights on the ceiling are always there. It will look great with the beach theme!


And what's a resort without this?!

To be continued...

No comments: