Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hey Mr. DJ, turn the music up!

To update, we did book the DJ and photographer that I talked about in my first blog. We were both very impressed with each of them and didn't think we would be happy with anyone else. So all the big things are done! Well, except the dress but that will come soon and that's a whole different blog!

One of the reasons we like our DJ, Mitch, is because he has online access to his music so we can make lists of "must play", "if there is time play" and "do NOT play" songs. It is pretty cool and a lot more difficult then it sounds! We spent about two hours on the couch last night with our iPods in hand and the laptop in between us searching for songs. For some reason it seems easier to pull out the slow songs then fast ones. I'm not sure why that is.

Bill and I are "old souls" when it comes to music. We both love oldies and classics. Plus Bill loves his 70's music. I'm trying to control him but for awhile when I looked at the list I thought we were getting married in 1976! =) We now have a mix of songs from all eras but we still need some faster ones. I'll dance to anything that has a good beat regardless of the era it is from. But I'm trying to think of songs that those who don't feel that way who were born after 1978 will want to dance to. I haven't gone out dancing in so long, I'm having trouble coming up with stuff! The DJ will be taking requests all night so feel free to request whatever is going to get you and anyone else on the dance floor. We can only select so many "must play" songs in order to make sure that the requests get played, very smart.

The next step is figuring out all the "moment" songs. You know, first dance, father/daughter, mother/son, etc, etc, etc. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a song for my dad and I to dance to. Unfortunately, the only song that I think of when I think of him singing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning!" in his best Gordon MacRae voice. I don't think we want to take a spin on the dance floor to that one. =) Bill and I have a couple of ideas for our first dance song but I'm not telling!

Leave a comment with your song suggestions or requests!

1 comment:

MC said...

ready, set, don't go......is a great daddy/daughter song :)